ABOUT THE FILM
In the new suspense thriller GONE, Jill Parrish (Amanda Seyfried) comes home from a night shift to discover her sister Molly has been abducted.
Jill, who had escaped from a kidnapper a year before, is convinced that the same serial killer has come back for her sister.
Afraid that Molly will be dead by sundown, Jill embarks on a heart-pounding chase to find the killer, expose his secrets and save her sister.
24 February 2012 (USA)
GONE – In Theaters 2.24.12 – Amanda Seyfried
- An abduction that may or may not have happened and a disappearing sister is enough to push a spooked young woman over the edge in “Gone.” Jeannette Catsoulis, The NYTimes
- Seyfried isn’t bad and there are some decent chills and little creepy bits along the way, but this is an almost deliberately familiar story. If you want to see it, catch it this week before it’s… Kim Newman, Empire
- What makes Gone watchable is the climax when all scores are settled with the bad guy. Precisely the moment when you feel some tension building up. However, all seems lost to the otherwise weak plot. India Times
- Is Amanda Seyfried scared out of her mind that a secret abductor has snatched her defenseless sister? Or is she … out of her mind? Plugged in Staff
- “Gone” is the most unusual thriller. It’s not particularly focused on the killer’s identity, and though it does drop in a red herring, the actual reveal means nothing. Jeffrey M. Anderson, Common Sense Media
Gone Movie 2012 Production
©2011 Summit Entertainment LLC, All Rights Reserved | Filmratings.com | MPAA.org | parentalguide.org