#123movies #fmovies #putlocker #gomovies #solarmovie #soap2day Watch Full Movie Online Free – The richest kid in the world, Richie Rich, has everything he wants, except companionship. While representing his father at a factory opening, he sees some kids playing baseball across the street. Richie wants to join in, but they don’t want him around. When a plot to kill the Rich family is devised by Rich Industries’ top executive, Laurence Van Dough, Richie must take over control of the company while searching for his lost parents with the help of some new friends.
Plot: Billionaire heir Richie Rich has it all, including Reggie Jackson as a batting coach and Claudia Schiffer as a personal trainer — but no playmates. What’s more, scoundrel Laurence Van Dough is scheming to take over the family empire. Uh-oh! Enter faithful butler Cadbury to save the day.
Smart Tags: #villain #head_of_security #mansion #gardening #eavesdropping #hitman #held_at_gunpoint #sandlot_baseball #personal_trainer #baseball #lost_at_sea #life_raft #group_of_children #escape_from_prison #attempted_murder #based_on_comic_book #vault #father_son_relationship #bomb #surveillance_camera #butler
|5.4/10 Votes: 64,761|
|5.8 Votes: 1564 Popularity: 16.756|
Typical standard moralistic comedy. All ends (too) well.
I think there are many movies made like this, probably aimed at some idea what children would like, but which will educate them as well. Money is indeed not everything, but baseball isn’t
either. Most of the characters are too stereotyped to be funny. Too many movies of this kind have been made already, and I had at least hoped for some unique aspects. However, if this is the first of this kind you will see, you could be in for a great time.
Personally I thought this film was merely okay
I didn’t absolutely hate Richie Rich, but for me it wasn’t that great either. As usual, there were some good things, but some not so good things as well.
THE GOOD THINGS:
1) Macaulay Culkin, personally I think he is better an actor than people give him credit for. He is one of the main reasons why I love the first two Home Alone movies so much. Here, he gives a very spirited lead performance, admittedly not as cute as he was when he was starring in underrated gems like Uncle Buck, but he shows once again what a talented actor he was.
2) Jonathan Hyde as the butler comes very close to stealing the show, a very funny and sly performance. Also Edward Hermann and Christine Ebersole give humorous performances, while John Larroquette plays the villain of the piece more than adequately.
3) The scenery is quite impressive, captured well by the breezy cinematography. The Biltmore estate was gorgeous.
4) The soundtrack was decent, nice background music especially.
5) I liked the moral the film taught; All the money in the world can’t make you happy, thinking about it that is true.
THE NOT SO GOOD THINGS:
1) While I liked the moral of the film, the story itself is predictable and somewhat contrived. it probably doesn’t help you have seen it all before.
2) The script is quite weak in general. Don’t get me wrong there were some good spots like “Oh my god I look like Michael Jackson!” but the jokes are admittedly very silly and juvenile, and the scripting does fall in the danger of becoming clichéd.
3) The pacing. Now I don’t mind films that move fast. I do have more of a problem if the pacing is TOO fast, despite the feel good nature of the film, and its valiant attempt to rise above superficial material, the film feels a little too rushed, the ending particularly felt skimmed over.
4) The characters feel rather stereotypical. Maybe that is an unfair complaint as it probably couldn’t be avoided, but I couldn’t help thinking yeah I recognise that type of character.
Overall, definitely not a bad film, worth watching at least once, but I personally didn’t find it that great. 5/10 Bethany Cox
Original Language en
Runtime 1 hr 35 min (95 min), 1 hr 30 min (90 min) (Finland)
Genre Comedy, Family
Director Donald Petrie
Writer Neil Tolkin (story), Tom S. Parker (screenplay), Jim Jennewein (screenplay)
Actors Macaulay Culkin, John Larroquette, Edward Herrmann, Christine Ebersole
Awards 2 nominations.
Production Company Warner Brothers, Davis Entertainment, Silver Pictures
Sound Mix Dolby, DTS, Dolby SR
Aspect Ratio 1.85 : 1
Camera Panavision Cameras and Lenses
Laboratory Technicolor, Hollywood (CA), USA
Film Length N/A
Negative Format 35 mm
Cinematographic Process Spherical
Printed Film Format 35 mm