#123movies #fmovies #putlocker #gomovies #solarmovie #soap2day Watch Full Movie Online Free – After weeks of traveling through Europe the immature William finds himself at a crossroads in Copenhagen. Not just another European city, Copenhagen is also the birthplace of his father. When the youthful Effy befriends the older William they set off on an adventure to find William’s grandfather. Effy’s mix of youthful exuberance and wisdom challenges William unlike any woman ever has. As the attraction builds and William truly connects with someone for the first time in his life, he must come to grips with destabilizing elements of his family’s sordid past.
Plot: After weeks of traveling through Europe, the immature William finds himself in Copenhagen, the place of his father’s birth. He befriends the youthful Effy, who works in William’s hotel as part of an internship program, and they set off to find William’s last living relative. Effy’s mix of youthful exuberance and wisdom challenges William unlike any woman ever has. As the attraction builds, he must come to grips with destabilizing elements of his family’s sordid past.
Smart Tags: #danish_culture #canadian_abroad #lying_about_age #copenhagen_denmark #backpacker #bare_chested_male #city_in_title #canadian #train #vacation #boyfriend_girlfriend_relationship #waitress #riding_a_bicycle #bicycle_chain #note #spare_key #camera #posing_for_a_photograph #blonde #chance_meeting #cigarette_smoking
|7.1/10 Votes: 12,180|
|6.7 Votes: 137 Popularity: 8.151|
Arty and breathtaking – highly recommend
Like so many others I kept seeing this come up on netflix. However I was always put off by the poster. To me it looked like a hallmark wanna be. Boy oh boy was I wrong. This movie blew me away. Though I want to state up front that I did not find it perfect, and I did get a little uncomfortable at moments. However this movie masterfully handles the storytelling, filmmaking and even cultural aspects. I honestly think that had it not been for the fact that the age of consent in the U.S. Is 18 ( in Denmark it is 15), this movie would have made a star out of the director and the lovely leading lady. This young actress gives jaw dropping performance.
I would also like to point out the beautiful camera work. The long dolly shots and creative use of light are amazing. While I do wish that the lead actor could have given a more original performance and been less stereotypical. The same statement also goes for a hand full of the supporting cast. However those things do not take away from all of the wonderful points of the film.
Rent the bike; get on and savor the ride: what this movie is really about explained
***warning, possible spoilers*** this movie should be studied in film classes: you watch it, enjoy it, but don’t really realize the effectiveness of the writer and director until later. Here is what happens:
1. An analogy best explains this film: we have all probably seen a video of a master with his dog. Sitting in front of the dog is the most delectable treat imaginable to the dog. The dog does nothing even though every fiber of its being wants to gobble up that treat. It is waiting for its masters command. The Masters here are the writer and director, the dog is the male lead. The girl is the treat (and not in a prurient sense). She says she will be 15 (the age of consent) “in a few days”. He wants to pounce (But not in a sexual sense even though there is obvious physical attraction).
2. The age difference is not for shock value. It is a very effective plot device relating to 1 above.
3. They are alone in a hotel room, both drunk (largely at his insistence). She is the aggressor. The reality is he cannot believe she is only 14 and repeatedly says that throughout the movie. She tries to seduce him, taking off her blouse and kissing him which he appears to accept.
4. The “masters” do not outright state that they did not sleep together but instead, more effectively, make that clear by: they both wake up in bed fully clothed (she must have put her top back on) in sharp contrast to his other many dalliances where he graphically wakes up with a naked partner; just prior to this he turns down an offer that most males his age dream about – two beautiful drunk girls try to drag him back to their hotel for a threesome. Instead of going with the women, he is much more concerned about having hurt the girl’s feelings and rushes out of the bar, leaving the women, to try to call the girl and apologize for acting like a jerk. So, the attraction is not about sex per se. there is much more to his feelings for the girl and he is clearly conflicted. He does not sleep with her.
5. There is more to him than meets the eye: he is in Denmark to find his grandfather and understand why he was abandoned by his father. The girl, with a great heart and overlooking the fact that he is superficially an insensitive jerk sees something deeper in him and embraces the cause of him finding his past and takes it upon herself to help him.
6. The girl, is far more substantial and mature than the women he has been sleeping with (who is really older, the girl or his earlier partners?). She too, has a troubled family but is very close to her mother and wants to help him resolve that part of his life.
7. In one effective scene, he simply glances down a street and sees a father briefly interacting with his son (short and effective).
8. The most effective scene in the movie: she takes him to a museum. She brings him to a dark corner where there is a bust. She tells him she has never brought anyone there before. She stands next to the bust. It is an exact image of the girl. She tells him she is really hundreds of years old and he says the bust is 1500 years old. This scene is a metaphor for what the movie accomplishes. After 1500 years, here she (who posed for the bust) is here again, resurrected, with the human traits that allowed us to survive over those 1500 years: the yearning for family, love, and a striving for happiness even in an imperfect world. In other hands this might seem corny, here it is movie-making genius.
Original Language en
Runtime 1 hr 38 min (98 min)
Rated Not Rated
Genre Adventure, Drama, Romance
Director Mark Raso
Writer Mark Raso
Actors Gethin Anthony, Frederikke Dahl Hansen, Sebastian Armesto, Olivia Grant
Country Canada, USA, Denmark
Awards 6 wins & 2 nominations.
Production Company Heretic Films
Sound Mix N/A
Aspect Ratio 1.78 : 1
Film Length N/A
Negative Format N/A
Cinematographic Process N/A
Printed Film Format N/A