#123movies #fmovies #putlocker #gomovies #solarmovie #soap2day Watch Full Movie Online Free – Mia, an aspiring actress, serves lattes to movie stars in between auditions and Sebastian, a jazz musician, scrapes by playing cocktail party gigs in dingy bars, but as success mounts they are faced with decisions that begin to fray the fragile fabric of their love affair, and the dreams they worked so hard to maintain in each other threaten to rip them apart.
Plot: Mia, an aspiring actress, serves lattes to movie stars in between auditions and Sebastian, a jazz musician, scrapes by playing cocktail party gigs in dingy bars, but as success mounts they are faced with decisions that begin to fray the fragile fabric of their love affair, and the dreams they worked so hard to maintain in each other threaten to rip them apart.
Smart Tags: #musician #los_angeles_california #actress #pianist #aspiring_actress #bigger_dreams #bass_player #jazz_club #audition #library #pipe_dream #photographer #theatre #concert #quitting_a_job #drummer #filmmaking #meet_cute #hollywood_california #dancing #listening_to_a_car_radio
|8.0/10 Votes: 511,972|
|7.9 Votes: 13096 Popularity: 22.266|
“To me, _La La Land_ is like religion. I see the appeal, and I would never take it away from anyone. But I would also never stand in line for it.”
– Jeff WInger, probably.
_Final rating:★★½ – Not quite for me, but I definitely get the appeal._
Undeniably well put together, and entertaining, even if it certainly chooses style over substance.
‘La La Land’ is an absolutely gorgeous-looking film, from the costumes to the cinematography to the choreography. The musical numbers are pleasant too. It is a little light on story, not that it isn’t entertaining – it is. They were, evidently to me, going for an artsy film and they nailed that. I just personally wanted more depth to the plot, rather than a song every few minutes.
Ryan Gosling is probably one of my favourite actors around right now, in the argument at least, and he is very good here. So is Emma Stone, who is arguably the film’s standout. I wanted to watch more of Stone’s work even before this, so I knew – along with Gosling – I was going to enjoy the cast. They work excellently as a duo. Elsewhere, John Legend’s role is a tad out of place, even if it’s good to see him.
4*. It might make for lame viewing if you absolutely do not like musicals, but otherwise it’s 100% worth a watch – even for someone with a mild taste for musicals, like me.
Delivers a fantastical take on a classic story
This film has a surreal, dream like feeling that persists throughout the movie from the opening dance number to the big number at the observatory and the big finish. Stone and Gosling carry this movie as the two main leads and both impress with their dancing and performances. Stone in particular shines, whereas Gosling is a more stoic and brooding figure. Although the ending caught me off guard, I think it makes more of an impact. The costumes, cinematography, and energy is top notch and it makes for a unique experience
Shame on Hollywood for endorsing this movie as a ‘Great musical”
This film will disappoint you. Here are the reasons why:
1. Its apparently supposed to be a movie musical, yet BOTH RYAN GOSLING AND EMMA STONE ARE BELOW AVERAGE SINGERS. I couldn’t quite get past this point. It is astonishing that two below par singers could be casted in a movie musical? It is a heavy contradiction to the genre of film it attempts to portray.
2. Both RYAN GOSLING AND EMMA STONE ARE BELOW AVERAGE DANCERS. Similar to the singing complaint, i was unable to be captivated and fully immerse myself in the movie/musical ‘magic’ because i was too busy cringing at their dance performance.
3. The STORYLINE WAS NOT CAPTIVATING. Boy meets girl, girl meets boy, because of respective careers they don’t end up together? Fin
4. THE STORYLINE WENT FLAT IN THE MIDDLE. The middle of the film dragged, for obvious reasons which is that the story line was to weak to maintain the intensity.
5. RYAN GOSLING’S CHARACTER IS ACTUALLY VERY ANNOYING A jazz fanatic that forces it down everybody’s throat, including the girl he is dating. He was superior to others because of his love for jazz. He thrust jazz upon her, and because of that i never really for once believed in the film that she had organically grown to love jazz as her love for him also developed. Instead it seemed as if she had to pretend to like jazz as a pre- condition to their relationship.
6. The HYPE AROUND THIS FILM DOES NOT MATCH THE QUALITY OF THE FILM The expectations were simply way to high for this average film. I mean, it has 8.6 on IMDb for goodness sake!!
Although it is subjective, in my opinion, this film comes nowhere close to a great film or musical. In conclusion, shame on ‘Hollywood’ and so many once respected critics endorsing this film as one of, if not the ‘greatest musicals’ of all time. Furthermore, shame on movie lovers and society in general not having the balls to suggest the clear truth which is that this is clearly a very average film at best. Big Shame!
Original Language en
Runtime 2 hr 8 min (128 min)
Genre Comedy, Drama, Music, Musical, Romance
Director Damien Chazelle
Writer Damien Chazelle
Actors Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, Amiee Conn, Terry Walters
Country USA, Hong Kong
Awards Won 6 Oscars. Another 235 wins & 287 nominations.
Production Company Summit Entertainment, Marc Platt Productions, Gilbert Films
Sound Mix Dolby Digital, DTS (DTS: X), Dolby Atmos
Aspect Ratio 2.39 : 1 (negative ratio), 2.55 : 1, 2.55 : 1 (intended ratio)
Camera Aaton A-Minima, Panavision C-Series Custom Lens (one scene), Panavision Panaflex Millennium XL2, Panavision C- and E-Series Lenses
Laboratory EFilm (digital intermediate)
Film Length N/A
Negative Format 16 mm (one scene) (Kodak Vision3 500T 7219), 35 mm (Kodak Vision3 250D 5207, Vision3 500T 5219)
Cinematographic Process Digital Intermediate (4K) (master format), Dolby Vision, EclairColor, Panavision (anamorphic) (source format)
Printed Film Format 35 mm, D-Cinema