#123movies #fmovies #putlocker #gomovies #solarmovie #soap2day Watch Full Movie Online Free – In 1947, Dalton Trumbo (Bryan Cranston) was Hollywood’s top screenwriter until he and other artists were jailed and blacklisted for their political beliefs. TRUMBO (directed by Jay Roach) recounts how Dalton used words and wit to win two Academy Awards and expose the absurdity and injustice under the blacklist, which entangled everyone from gossip columnist Hedda Hopper (Helen Mirren) to John Wayne, Kirk Douglas and Otto Preminger.
Plot: The career of screenwriter Dalton Trumbo is halted by a witch hunt in the late 1940s when he defies the anti-communist HUAC committee and is blacklisted.
Smart Tags: #communist #gossip_columnist #gossip #fiction_writer #communism #film_industry #mccarthyism #lung_cancer #traitor #cancer #drinking #screenwriter #blacklist #red_scare #house_unamerican_activities_committee #academy_awards #abusive_relationship #uncredited #film_director #naming_names #jewish_name
|7.5/10 Votes: 76,945|
|7.2 Votes: 1178 Popularity: 11.21|
70 Years On, Some People Still Want to Tell Others What to Think
After practically having the frequently shown previews for Trumbo memorized, I finally saw the film itself. (Though one trailer scene with Helen Mirren didn’t actually appear in the movie. Weird.) As you undoubtedly know, Trumbo is the story of the Hollywood 10, writers blacklisted during the communist witch-hunts of the late 1940s and 1950s. Joe McCarthy and all that. When called before the House Un-American Activities Committee, Dalton Trumbo (played beautifully by Bryan Cranston) and the other nine refused to give Congress information about their beliefs or to rat out others in the film industry. As a result, a number of them including Trumbo went to prison for contempt of Congress (“I AM contemptuous of Congress,” he said after the HUAC hearing). He was in the slammer for 10 months and once he was out could no longer get work. Meanwhile, some industry personages—in the movie, producer Buddy Ross (Roger Bart) and actor Edward G. Robinson (Michael Stuhlbarg)—saw their careers going up in smoke and did testify (though in real life, Robinson did not name names). The movie effectively skewers that Great American Flag-Waving Hero, John Wayne, who managed to avoid any military service during World War II and Korea. “If you’re going to act as if you won the war single-handedly,” Trumbo tells him, “it would be more believable if you’d actually served,” as he and so many of his black-listed colleagues had. They represent the tip of the iceberg of people harmed by the virulent anti-Communism of the day, and although the movie is about the Hollywood 10, it’s really about the Hollywood One, Trumbo, the most accomplished of the lot. The composite character Arlen Hird has the unenviable job of being Trumbo’s verbal sparring partner and representing an amalgam of several of the harder-line writers’ views. Trumbo is unfailingly supportive of him, even though he inserts his political views into scripts (which Trumbo rewrites) and clearly doesn’t trust Trumbo. (This is where the “You talk like a radical, but you live like a rich man” line from the trailer fits in.) While not a lot of acting was required of Diane Lane as Trumbo’s wife, she did a fine job, and Helen Mirren is perfect as the odious Hedda Hopper, blackmailer without portfolio. As writer Hird, comedian Louis C.K.’s acting inexperience shows a bit, as he’s up against such acting superstars, while John Goodman is all prickly geniality and Alan Tudyk plays a credible Ian McLellan Hunter. Hunter wins the Academy Award for the Roman Holiday script (the Gregory Peck, Audrey Hepburn classic), but Trumbo wrote it. In fact, Trumbo and the others write many screenplays for which they receive credit only belatedly, if at all. The back of the blacklist can’t be broken until a few Hollywood luminaries are willing to give appropriate screen credit. Directed by Jay Roach with a solid script from John McNamara. While in their vision, the character of Trumbo doesn’t change much over the course of the story—except perhaps to learn not to take what he most cherishes for granted—”he is no more or less principled at the end than he was at the start,” said Anthony Lane in The New Yorker. He is forgiving, though, and in the end acknowledges that all humans are a mix of good acts and bad (except perhaps for Hedda Hopper). The real opportunity for learning lies with the audience. While those anti-Communist days may now seem rather quaint—Congress taking on a bunch of two-fingered typists—there always are people who believe they know best what other people should think, who believe others are too dim or inattentive to grasp hidden political messages, who think citizens are like children who have to be protected from difficult ideas. That, the movie Trumbo seems to say, is still the danger. Another film well worth the price of a ticket.
It is hilarious to read all the comments on Trumbo by the “useful idiots” created by the misinformation and lies perpetrated by the Left educational system and media. The film blatantly lies in several places and typically makes globalist Communism into some innocent venture. I don’t have to spew any anti-Communist rhetoric because, unlike the left, I have the evidence that not only condemns this film as an act of Leftist Hollywood propaganda, but also the proof to condemn the concept of Communism in its entirety. I will simply make a list for the viewer to look up. After all, why should I do all the work of the lazy minded and laxical left. 1. Look into Trumbo’s past. Especially the period between 1938 and 1942. Many Americans ( obviously including those in Hollywood) have no idea of the facts of this time period. While we hear about the Nazi invasion of Poland, you rarely ever hear about the Soviet invasion of Eastern Poland. This was the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. Soviet Russia and Nazi Germany were allies between 1939 and June 1941. Look into Trumbo’s praise for this pact and some of his work at that time conveniently NOT mentioned in the movie. 2. Soviet espionage existed in the west since 1919 NOT the 1950’s. The movie begins much too late. The Cold War began with the creation of the USSR and the Communist International which created the Communist Parties of Europe and the USA and Canada. They were CONTROLLED from Moscow. This is NOT an opinion, this is found in their OWN literature. The goal, like globalists today, was to foment espionage, subversion and violent revolution in these western countries. During the Pact stated above, these Communist parties mounted strikes to affect the production of war materials for Great Britain fighting Fascism on its own. This is because global Communism was an ally at that time of Nazi Germany. 3. Intense Soviet espionage operations were in the works in the USA since the early 1920’s. To get a good idea about how deep much of this went, look into the defection of Walter Krivitsky. That will introduce you to the depths of Soviet penetration of the west. 4. Since the Communist Party of the USA admitted themselves in their own policy papers that they were a subversive organization controlled from within the government of another sovereign nation, their existence and operation was illegal. Under US law of the time, simple membership therefore meant coercion with a subversive organization. This was not only applied to the Communists but also the Fascists. This was not overturned until Harry Truman took office. 5. The viewer needs to look into the operations of the CPUSA during WW2 and their efforts to locate Communists within the Americas to assist ( through covert means and sympathizers in the US Democratic Party and western intelligence services ) the Soviet Union in their occupation of Eastern Europe and the handing of China to the Communists.
6. They need to look into the defection of Elizabeth Bentley and Igor Gouzenko in 1945. They also need to look into the US Signals Intelligence Service VENONA Project which was reading Soviet messages being sent to and from the USA by Soviet agents. They need to educate themselves in the number of US Citizens revealed as communist spies working within ALL Branches of the British, Canadian and US Governments, Police and Intelligence Services. It will ASTOUND YOU. We are talking about a number approaching 1000. These are those uncovered. What about those not uncovered!!!!
7. This ALL BEFORE the supposed COLD WAR BEGAN.
8. It only gets better in the 1950’s and 60’s.
9. In the movie Trombo they claim that no one in Hollywood was ever revealed as working for the Soviet Union as part of their espionage services. WRONG !!! What about the Sobel/Mocase Group of Soviet spies one of which was Boris Morros a Hollywood Producer and employee of Paramount Pictures. He went on to be a double agent for the FBI. If the Soviets had one group you can be damn certain they had others. Let us also remember that Trumbo and his cronies NEVER disavowed Communism. So being members of a Proved subversive organization and sticking to its dogma automatically make you guilty. What were they hiding from the US government.
10. The Communists the world over have revealed themselves that they are evil. with 95 MILLION deaths since 1917 what the heck do leftist need to be told to convince them that Communism does not have your best interests at heart. If you can outlaw and make illegal fascist groups, you should also outlaw and make illegal Communist groups. They have no interest in the United States, its democracy or its freedom. Their purpose, like Hitler, was to create a global syndicate of Communist states controlled from Moscow. How wonderful. They state themselves that this would be done from within. This includes youth groups and the taking over of universities and colleges. We see the effect of this during the Vietnam war. A just war, only fought by morons at the top of the Democratic party who refused to use the resources at hand to stop tyranny. They previously refused to fight for Nationalist China which handed China to the Communists which created the Korean and Vietnam wars in the first place.
No one should EVER look to Hollywood or the media in general for facts. This only reinforces the argument against this movie which makes of mockery of the handing of atomic secrets to the enemy of the USA. Remember the Cuban missile crisis! what a laugh that was.
The only people laughing are the left wing propagandists in Hollywood who are either complete idiots or support the idea of a global syndicate of Communist states. I thought the cold War was over????
Original Language en
Runtime 2 hr 4 min (124 min)
Genre Biography, Crime, Drama
Director Jay Roach
Writer John McNamara, Bruce Cook (book)
Actors Bryan Cranston, Michael Stuhlbarg, David Maldonado, John Getz
Awards Nominated for 1 Oscar. Another 8 wins & 44 nominations.
Production Company Groundswell Productions
Sound Mix Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital (as Dolby 5.1)
Aspect Ratio 1.85 : 1
Camera Arri Alexa XT Plus, Cooke S4 and Angenieux Optimo Lenses
Laboratory Technicolor, Hollywood (CA), USA (digital intermediate)
Film Length N/A
Negative Format Codex
Cinematographic Process ARRIRAW (2.8K) (source format), Digital Intermediate (2K) (master format)
Printed Film Format D-Cinema